Looking for speaker ideas.

Looking for speaker ideas and room size is 11 w x 16 l x 9 ft ceilings.....room has acoustical panels. Music ranges from Big Band , Blues, Rock.

Equipment so far is :

Wyred 4 Sound st-500
deHavilland Mercury Preamp
Sim audio phono pre
VPI Industries HW-19 mkIII GLOSS BLACK W/MOERCH UP-4 / Ortofon Black

Have looked at different Spendor , Proac, Totem speakers but not sure if those would work for the rock music and would a sub be needed with those if they would be able to play rock music ?

Budget is $2000-2500
addyson815
Yes - it's in the reviews on the Web site.  Just need to read down through them all.
Post removed 
The 683 S2 by Bowers are a true bargain. You essentially get the CM series components without the flash. I bought them for my sitting room. I have the 802 in my listening room and they sound much better but are much more money. I auditioned Paradigm SVS Golden Ear Wharfedale JBL Pro McIntosh Martin Logan and I went with the Bowers 

Get these and you could sell your amp.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-genelec-inc-ht-208b-active-monitors-3-speakers-includes...

Utilitarian look and no grills but they would rock.

I've heard some in a mixing studio and they were very nice.

Many speakers will not play rock music simply because they refuse to do it. They could easily do it of course, as music specific speakers aren't a thing…but they refuse, and that's just wrong.