Looking for small active STEREO speakers I can throw in a carry on bag and travel with

With my job I travel very often and spend a large amount of my time sitting in front of a laptop in airbnbs and hotel rooms.

I'm looking for the best STEREO audiophile speakers out there that I can throw in a carry on bag and travel with. These will get used sitting in front of a laptop 99% of the time. Probably need something active. Can save the original box if needed if it will help with transport. I am not looking for something that is a bluetooth single speaker, I need stereo sound. I need something that will also work well in crappy rooms. Roon ready would be another bonus if possible. Any suggestions?

nemesis1218

I have Audioengine A2 speakers at work and they do ok.  It seems like headphones might be a better option, but I wear glasses and have people coming in and out of my office all day, so it's easier to pause my iPod that it is to remove headphones.

I wouldn't call them "audiophile" but I am happy with Audioengine HD3s on my desk.