Looking for more detail in a speaker

Kind of a long first post but needed the space to set up my situation. 
I decided to do something about my speaker situation after demoing a pair of B&W 805d’s. One of the tracks played was Sympathy for the Devil. At the beginning of the song, a percussion instrument, either a guiro or cabasa, just popped out at me on the left speaker. I’ve heard that song a million times but never noticed that percussion instrument coming at me like that. I came home and played the track through my system, through my streamer and turntable. My speakers are Golden Ear Triton One’s. That same presentation just isn’t there like with those 805’s.
The GET1’s are certainly decent speakers; are they not designed for this type of detailed presentation? Is it my room? My listening room is a odd shaped man attic with a 3.5’ wall on one side with an 8’ wall on the other side peaking a 9’ in the middle. My listening position is about 17’ from the speakers.  I’m sure the room is acoustically challenged. Also, I have a long speaker wire run, like 40’. Does that contribute to the lack of detail? I figured out a way to trim about 15’ of speaker wire length from each run and plan to do that ASAP. I’m using AudioQuest construction rated wire. I believe they’re 14 gauge.
So, why not buy the 805’s? I’ve thought seriously about them but concerned they’ll be kind of small for my room. Seems like I need floor standers. I’d like to keep any replacement speakers at $4k. I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Dynaudio S5.4s for $4k but haven’t made a move in them yet. 
Any suggestions on a speaker selection or adjustments to my room or speaker wire are appreciated. To sum it up, I’m looking for more instrument detail with good sound staging either by making tweaks to my current set up or getting another flavor of speakers. Thx. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xbfoura
Thanks @nordicnorm! One of the legacy dealers of audiophile equipment in San Antonio came by earlier to try and set up my Well Tempered Classic ( this is a project and another interesting journey). After determining he needed more research to set up the WT he asked me to turn on my system so he could give it a listen. He didn’t knock the layout of the room but thought my speakers were too far apart and urged me to move up my listening position. He also thought my long speaker run were taking away some the dynamics. He said the speaker in my guitar amp and computer speakers could contribute to creating subtle distortion. Interesting. He also moved the GE’s further way from the wall and toed them more. I could hear the difference right away. We listened to Yes (CD) , Afro-American AllStars (HAPZ1 server) and the Stones Sympathy recording on vinyl. Everything sounded better. The guiro percussion instrument on Sympathy stood out more too. He liked the GE’s. Thought they were smooth. Not sure they’re better than the 805’s. Looking forward to doing a side by side. He also mentioned some about my McIntosh 152 amp that’s been brought up before. He says the frequency range is more conservative on McIntosh amps than other designs so that could indeed contribute to higher frequency instruments not popping like with other amps such as the Gryphon I heard the 805’s through. So, now I may be amp shopping too, lol. 
My 50 dollars used speakers rightfully embed sound better than any speakers i listen to in my life , not because they are better than my late Tannoy dual gold or some magnepan....But because they are rightfully embed mechanically, electrically and acoustically.... It takes me 2 years of listening experiments to figure it out.... The total cost was peanuts...

Many speakers are better than mine but none put me on my ass because of the ratio S.Q./price.... My low cost speakers are unbeattable and i dont need to upgrade a good sound to a marginally better one for at least 10 times the price....

The piano is already in my room without coming from my speakers with a natural timbre then why upgrading?

Draw your conclusion, mine is take care of the vibrations/resonance problems, take care of the electrical noise floor of the house and system, take care of the acoustic and prepare yourself to be amazed by your previously unsatisfying audio system now transformed....

Upgrading to reach audio experience is half truth and half truth are more misleading than lie...

My post will be useful only for some newcomer to audio, others will never be tired to upgrade, unsatisfied most of the times or satisfied by a very costly audio system because they can pay for it anyway....

:)
Hi, The Triton One's are really quite linear, in fact almost ruler flat from 100Hz to 10 kHz. There is a slight rise above 10 kHz. Have a look at the measurements in the Stereophile review. Clearly much more linear than the B&W. In terms of any comments regarding accentuated bass, this really depends on where the bass level is set on the back of the speakers. The Triton Ones have a powered bass section with a level control. I find it amusing when people comment on the sound of my speakers that have a powered bass section with a level control as having too much bass, as there is a level control which allows them to be properly tuned for both the room as well as personal taste, which does vary greatly. Too much bass, too dark, turn it down.
   However set up is always important. The speakers are designed to be flat on axis, and should be set up toe'd in fully and pointed directly at the center listening position. This is very important in terms of realizing the full detail potential, as well as the best imaging and the biggest sweet spot. In the case of what is being described here, 40 feet of in-wall grade speaker wire will definitely degrade things detail-wise and in many other ways as well. Also, the nature of the program source as well as the decoding DAC. I don't know all the specifics but the dealer may have been using a hi-res version, or a better one than you have at home. Also the Mytek is probably a better DAC. Sitting 20 feet away from the speakers vs 8 feet will definitely degrade things as well as let the room get more involved. I think that the Gryphon may be somewhat more detailed than the Mc, however I don't think that is the major factor at play: toe-in, listening distance, 40 feet of install grade speaker wire and program material/DAC. Of course, each to his own. The B&Ws are certainly excellent speakers, but if you look at the response graphs, clearly not nearly as linear as the Triton Ones. Here personal preference gets involved, however properly set up the Triton Ones are very linear, very smooth, very natural and very musical. Sandy Gross
@loudspeaker77 is this the Sandy Gross? If so, cool. Thanks for chiming in. If not, that’s still some excellent info you passed along about the GE’s I’ve never had them toed in as you mentioned and will definitely experiment with that as well as finding a way to shorten the distance of my listening position. I have a way to eliminate about 15’ of speaker wire. Not sure how much it will help but part of the process. If not, I’ll have to figure out how to move the speakers to another position in my room to significantly shorten the wire and to afford an upgrade to a better quality. I agree with the active bass. Just turn it down if too bassy and it’s nice to have for making adjustments as needed. I’m not a speaker frequency expert but flatter does seem better for more flexibility and less listening fatigue. The search is one for a better DAC and do think that will help. If this is Sandy, let me know. You may know the person who came by my house to assess my system from the audiophile industry. 
Wondering why no one has chimed in on your 40' run of AudioQuest "construction rated wire" 14 gauge speaker wire? I have never heard of that and am familiar with AQ and have tried their wire for a short time and replaced it, but any wire at that length isn't good for quality audio. To each is own, but try and shorten that gap much more, even just for trial and error purposes with your equipment to speakers.