Looking for killer DVD/CD player for 2 channel

It's time to bite the bullet and buy a multi-format cd/dvd video/audio player for my 2 channel theater.

What should I be looking at.

Current audio setup:
BAT S300X
Talon Khorus X.

Next equipment Maybe Von Schweikert VR4SR
Maybe higher watt amp/pre-amp

Open to ideas. Not interested in flashy, bright sound.
Criteria is natural, real, fast and lively.
lakefrontroad
Lakefrontroad

Me too,also 2 channel setup for music and movies ...looking for balanced outputs also.Are there any SACD/CD/DVD players with balanced outputs ? Sorry,for jumping in on your question.
Bluebull, the Esoteric has fully balanced outs for 2 channel. The 2 channel output board is much much better the the 5.1 outputs and the xlr outs do sound better than the rca's.
Dear Lakefrontroad:
I own an Arcam 27A which I bought used on the 'Gon.
It's a cd, dvd video AND dvd audio.
It's awesome.
Check out the reviews posted on the internet.
Hi!
I read a lot about the Marantz dv9500 dvd-sacd player before I bought itEverything was true what was said about it.The quality of it's Cd sound is amasing and it's easy woth $1500-$2000 alone.I'm use it with Classe ssp 30mk2 and JM Lab Elektra speakers.The quality of the sound is perfect in every way.If it would be ML or Krell or BAT,it would sell for $5000.I think is worth to try it,before you go any further money wise!Sorry about my English,I'm still working on it.The Marantz need a little break time,but it sounded excellent right out of the box.
Good luck,Tibor