looking for an integrated amp in the $1500 range

I need to downsize and will be selling my Aragon 4004 MKII and AVA Fet Valve Hybrid SL Preamplifier with Silver Face Plate and MM Phono.

The rest of system is Burchardt s 400 m1’s, Marantz TT 15s1, Rega M3 MM phono amp, Gustard x16 DAC. Wiim pro streamer. Sounds great mid to high level volume. Lower volume not so much so I want that quality at lower volume if possible. I’m considering Schitt RAGNAROK basic model or Rogue Sphinx 3. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these or other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

andrake

This is a general answer because there were so many good  suggestions that I’m still working through them all.

But I’d like to point out as a member for some years now, and as it may be for others, I sometimes forget how generous and well informed the members are. But as the suggestions I’ve received show, what a great group. Thanks to all.

Audio By Van Alstine - American Made - The owner will return your call  - THE OWNER.  Great sound, great price factor - what a great company.  You will not go wrong with Van Alstine.

@bgross 

”Find a vintage Sansui, AU-9500... best integrated I've heard at the $1500 price point. ”

For speakers that aren’t real hard to drive I totally agree! Wonderful sounding unit and build like brick s..t house. 

Seems you get a lot for your money on used Musical Fidelity integrated. My A1008 I sold I could only get $1,200 for and it’s a 6k unit new. Bags of power and really great clean dynamic sound with a little warmth. 

Regarding the rogue Sphinx…. I haven’t heard the V.3 which very well could be a totally different animal, but had the V.1 for a very short time. Did not care for it at all.