Looking for a true upgrade in sound quality

I currently stream Qobuz and Tidal through my Lumin T2. I have had this about 4 years. I have AT&T fiber optic internet to the house the ethernet cable direct to the Lumin. About 30' of cable from the router to the device. I was thinking of using the Lumin only as a streamer and adding a conceivably better DAC. Is this a legit way to go about a more resolving sound. To my ears there is a slight veil over everything and maybe a little etched overall, bass response is great. I was also hoping for a recommendation for the DAC if this is a good option. $6,000 budget new or used is fine. I have had very good luck with used equipment over the years. Thanks, Allen.

backwash

I forgot the Puritan PMS 156. It sits behind my rack, so I sometimes forget it's there.  

Allen @backwash

You have a very nice and capable DAC in T2 and rest of the system. As @baylinor and I suggested, install a passive filter ahead of T2 and you should hear noticeable improvement with streaming. I have a DAC that uses ESS Sabre Chips; nothing but very natural, refine, wide and deep soundstage. I also am using a very high quality Ethernet switch ahead of DAC + Streamer so that helps tremendously.