Looking for a Speaker Recommnedation

Looking to upgrade from my current Rogers LS3/5a + AB1 REL 328 setup .  While I love the smooth mids of these speakers (especially on voices/acoustic instruments), I tend to play harder music more frequently (alt/rock/punk/etc) which these do not excel at. I like to play music loud and have a real world living room my system is in (cathedral ceiling, open on one side, many windows. couch between my speakers) so setup is a challenge. I hate harsh sounding speakers.

My current playback system consists of a Oppo-BDP105 (or primarily Roon/JRiver via Ethernet) into a PS Audio DirectStream Jr DAC > Conrad Johnson Premier 14 Tube Pre > Conrad Johnson MF2500a Amp.  All run by a PS Audio P5 with a combination of Nordost/Shunyata cabling.

Looking to spend around $4,000-$7,000 but could be flexible. Used or new is fine.

Currently considering:

PSB Imagine T3
Vandersteen Trio CT
Spendor D7
Mangepan 3.7i (don't think this will work with high SPL)
Endeavor Audio E-3
Revel F208
Golden Ear Triton 1
Dynaudio Excite X44

Any other speakers I should be considering based on my equipment, volume preference and music? Anything I should eliminate?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions & thank you in advance
fdemello

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

IF it was me by now I would have hand forged biwire jumpers made from all my spouses single lost gold ear rings.....
man you shoulda been named Job....
smile

The market moves - he sold a quarter of a million Model 2 - that does not exist anymore so yes WAF and aesthetics have enteeed the equation - but I would put model 3 a sig up against anything at $10 k
above that price point people want Vandersteen or automotive finishes.
the 7cabinet with the carbon fiber is not capable of veneer Hence the paint
Richard is still hyper frugal - pretty much everything earns its way sonically into the product

Get some heavy cardboard and make a BIG baffle front for the LS 35a..... that will help you get an idea about all the xxx you are missing !
mostly kidding
research good, listening better
thanks also for sharing your journey and process with us
good on ya !

I had a nice three year run paying for college using LaScalla in utility fir plywood as a PA for a rockabilly band...
the other half was paid for selling KEF, SOTA, Quad, Dynavector, Vandersteen, etc...
they will be great for Zoso....
buy hearing protection 

IMO you are reading too much....I sometimes do the same

you have a very fine near point source low diffraction near baffleless design in the speaker you own today and enjoy it seems except for SPL.
that is a big big hint about what you should audition.
make the investment to go listen.
i am pretty biased for being able to tune the low end for your room used Quatros would allow you to do that...
also you own some fantastic musical gear already !!!!!