Looking for a great front ported bookshelp speaker recommendation

Hi everyone,

After about a 15 year hiatus from hifi, I'm looking to get back into it. I'm looking for a front ported bookshelf speaker. The reason is that it's going to go inside a cabinet and right against a back wall. My budget is up to $5,000 but the less, the better:) Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

TIA

blackiridium

So The room is a problem, It’s extremely large. It measures something like 21 feet wide by 30 feet long with an open floorplan to the kitchen behind it and the entranceway to the side And on top of it, the ceilings are very high at like 15 feet or so

@blackiridium if you are stuck with a bookshelf cabinet for placement, dealing with resonance and sound reflection - are you able to place the speakers where the front slightly overhangs the shelf (about an inch) and angle them toward your listening position? And, if possible leaving empty space on each side of the speakers?

You might try PMC's, great transmission line front ported bass from small speakers. Available from The Music Room, should have a trial period.