list of speakers

My quest which I started three years ago to find my dream speakers resulted in a lot of lists and comparisons. It occurred to me that I had not seen a comprehensive, free and user-friendly databases of loudspeakers and maybe there should be one.  Maybe others would find it useful (although no one is as OCD with lists as I am :) )

Others - meaning my kind - budget, beginner, not advanced audiophiles like you guys. So it may not mean much to you but still, any feedback would be appreciated. 

speakers (speakerchoices.com)

I know it's amateurish - my design skills suck, the only value in it is the data and possibly the search and comparison features. 

Last but not least, and I won't name names not to exclude anyone, thank you people for helping me to put together this web site, with direct feedback and advice over the years about how to find the ideal gear. Several of you also gave me awesome components for which I will be forever grateful. Thank you fellow members!

grislybutter

@lanx0003 this is better than what I expected. I am learning a lot from you. And this is exactly the direction I wanted to go: to translate raw and scary numbers to adjectives and comparable rankings that beginners can use to educate themselves and make somewhat more informed decision, try speakers with more confidence. So, in short, yes, absolutely, I want to explore it further with you, properly credit sources and contributions and expand my database with more useful features.

I am getting my head around what you wrote and how I can use that data.

@grislybutter Great.  Let me expand my preliminary investigation of the SSW index to include all speakers that have polar plots, and correlate them with either reviewers' assessments of the perceived SS width or my own experiences. If you could provide me with the model names column only, I will input the index directly. This way, you can easily incorporate and sort the index into your spreadsheet (assuming it's in Excel), saving you time and effort. You can cross-check the index with your perception to ensure consistency before accepting the data.  You could send the model name column excel to my personal email cjlan01@gmail.com.  Thx. / CJ

One of the most impressive things I've seen on these forums for the last one year. Wow. 

Would love to see ATC, Genelec, Dutch & Dutch and Kii there :)