Linn lp12

I recently installed a new motor in my Linn thinking that was the problem. Apparently not...it will not start unless I manuely turn the platter and bring it up to speed, otherwise it just humms. No good stereo shops in my area...any suggestions? Have it in a shop here now, but not to confident in their ability. They have never seen anything like the Linn...not good. They tell me it would help if they had a schematic...don't have one...help! lol..this is not good.
drifter22642
Correction it audioalternative.com not backwards as I had listed. Brain flatulence:)
Syntax, You deserve the Balkan award for the best Linn
joke ever. BTW are you sure that you are (100%) German?

I am embarrassed to admit to have owned the thing but there
are two screws from the II WW stock near the motor by which
the belt tension can be adjusted. If Drifter also owns
the corresponding screwdriver he can try this first.

Regards,
Want to thank you guys for your replys and help! My friend Wingnut was a member and would have had it figured out and running by now, if he was still with us. I really appriciate all your help...I have the Valhalla and should send it off and have it gone through. I did order the Hercules and am currently waiting for it to arrive, hope it's as good as advertised...lol. @Polk432 would love to see the pics of yours, you can email me at rralls1@live.com ....@Syntax...huh...thanks I think. You are truly blessed to have such great gear...am in awe...again...thank you everyone!
Thanks everyone for the help!!! UPDATE: Got the Hercules board installed and am way happier!!! Nice upgrade, plus now I have the 45rpm option for some of the 200 gram vinyl I have, very nice. Also want to thank Roger for all his help and the pics...My late friend LUGNUT said there were some decent folks on this site....later...Ron.
Glad to have helped. Sorry some of the pics were blurry, but the ones showing the wiring were ok. Glad the Hercules PS is working well. I have one that I like. See, you really don't need expensive upgrades for Linn LP 12's after all.