Linn Audio

Just curious why there’s not a single discussion on Audiogon forum regarding Linn. Linn makes outstanding gears and speakers as well. Especially their DS (digital streamer/DAC) such as the Linn Klimax DS or DSM, Linn Akurate DS or DSM, and Linn Majik DS or DSM. IMO Linn is very innovative and I have always loved their products, especially their digital source components (DS/DSM) and the famous Linn Sondek LP12 turntable with their own accompanying accessories.
Linn makes very musical sounding gears. Even their speakers are pretty awesome too esp when paired with all Linn electronics. Why no luv for Linn?

For my main two-channel setup in my dedicated two-channel room I used to have all Linn Klimax setup and system, from the Klimax DS, LP 12 Klimax version turntable all the way to the Linn Klimax 350 passive floorstanding speakers. But mine was a non-Exakt system. I used to be a Linnie. 

I also like the fact that all Linn gears (electronics) are compact and do not take much space, especially Linn Klimax gears. You will even have less components if you go with Linn Exakt system/setup.
caphill

Showing 1 response by jimmyblues1959

I remember listening to a Linn Naim system back in the mid 1980’s that was quite impressive. I liked it so much that I eventually put a system together based on some of their gear. However, I got caught up in gear cycling via the original Audiomart (Walt Bender’s invitation by recommendation only - used audio market place publication - RIP Walt 🙏) and ended up owning quite a bit of used hi-end audio equipment over the years.

I finally settled decades later with some older (now vintage) gear that I truly enjoy. Front ends are a Rega Planar 2, Systemdek IIX, Naim CDI, and a Nakamichi ZX7.

Amplification includes: Naim Nait 2, Naim Nac 42/Hicap/Nap 110, while speakers are Linn Kan I and Kef Reference Series Model 101. This gear was very affordable on the used market, and still offers a level of listening enjoyment that rivals if not exceeds that of many far more expensive new audio systems. The bottom line is that audio is about getting as close to the original performance as possible and finding audio equipment that gets you there at an affordable price. 😊