Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

Showing 50 responses by danmar123

Email from Linlai yesterday: No outbound shipping for consumer orders due to Covid restrictions in China. Order is forwarded for fulfillment from overseas distributor – expected shipping time in Mid June. If you don’t accept this deferred shipping, you may contact us to cancel your order. Thanks.

Also is the logo, vertical or horizontal? The way it looks for me , is that I should have mine by the end of the month.

@ram18 Absolutely. The tubes that @bugredmachine sent me also sounded different, (made in China). No base, & Very open top end.

@jayctoy I agree. We get what we pay for.

I just don't like how my tubes presents the low end on my rig. Not as defined (Bloated) as my other tubes. That's why their up for sale.

@rocray , the reason I'm asking is because of how the tubes make my Orthofon sing. I ordered a SME spacer for my Hana ML. which I will alternate on my TT. I WILL order 2 set's soon, just would have to get the info from @aldnorab for the socket board.

@lowrider57 the tubes I had were from ''bugredmachine''. I tested them for him. If you go back to one of my posts, I said, they made my Ortho Black open up. If I remember correct, they where from Linlai. Hopefully I'll receive my tubes in a few weeks..... Any day now, any day!

OK here goes; The 4 tubes came today & I let them burn in about an hour. They definitely didn't sound like the tubes that @bugredmachine sent me. To me the sounded a little stronger then my Psvane  MKll that are in my pre now.

@decooney I would say it's his pre-amp. I'm using Altec 311-60 w/GP 902T driver & a B&C 250 driver for my tweeter. Very revealing!  

I'll keep everyone on notice when I get the shipping conformation from G/F. If someone wants to send me their tubes from the US market, I'll put them under the microscope, to compare.

@lowrider57 Like I said earlier; the tubes from China sounded better then the tubes from Viva, in my system.

@xcool , What the tubes that @bugredmachine sent me via (amptata)sounded better with only 3HRs on them, then the tubes that came from Viva. You can read my results a little back in the thread. Now I have to wait for the SLOW BOAT from China to arrive that I ordered 2 weeks ago. The sound of those tubes is still in my mind, @ 62 yrs. young, I’m still sharp. LOL

rocray, I miss understood. Ken Rad for KR audio which is a tube manufacture in the Czechs republic😮  

@invalid if so. the ones I'll get tomorrow their going rite back.

I called Viva this morning and left a message for them to call me. If I don't hear from the by the end of the day, their going BACK! 

Grant Fidelity are sold out. I put myself on there waiting list, if the Viva tubes aren't legit. Also Linlai website states, 6 /9 working days for delivery. Which isn't bad.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow if there's a difference. I think @bugredmachine has ordered from both companies. Lets see what he says.

@lowrider57

The Global Es are on the left of my Don Sach2.

In regards to all 4, @ 100 hrs. the sound wasn’t as open as my current setup.

As being superior, it might be fair to say the Shuguang have about 800 hrs. on them. 

@swingfingers 

When I rolled, all the combo's where w/Linlai's. I just found that the bottom end was a not a clear as my other tube combo. I did notice that they made a stronger impression in the volume. They just don't do it for me, but neither does McIntosh, which I find warm.

Yes they do. I have the prima Luna HP & takes 8 power tubes. I tried KR's kt88, & liked them so much, I bought another 8. 😏

Maybe 1hr isn’t enough? Maybe they have to burn in a little?

I'll still give them a try, & record the hrs. I put on them.

Tubes came today!

No hiss that bugredmachine experienced. I had to alternate tube sockets for the Linlai to fit. Swapped out my Shangs. 181 ll & kept the Psvane (gold base) in. What I noticed in my system was, the upper midrange opened up but lost a little midbase, so I attenuated my ALK xteem slope croosover to compensate for the change. My TT is a Technics 1210 GAE w/ SME 309 & an Ortho Black cartridge. The combo of the new tubes with the Psvane (gold) base, Changed the performance of Ortho Black. NOW I know why its $3000.00

The Play List; Adele-30 LP side 2, Yes- Close to the edge, full LP. Santana’s Abraxas, Paul Paray’s- The Music of Chabrier full LP & finished with Dave Brubecks Time Changes side1.

So I think I covered it, music wise! All music was about 2 hrs of play time including the warm up of the tubes. So I guess I’ll have to order a set soon.

Compared from memory a few days ago when I rolled my KR & Sylvania JAN they would be Comparable tubes. I’m waiting for the W E 6sn7 to come out in Sept. if there is such a thing. Time will tell! That’s another subject.

I hope I made it clear to everyone, that their better then the Shangs & maybe the Psvane, in my systen. YMMV. Also 4 Linlai could be better the 2. I would have to remember who sells the tube adapter for the 6sn7 & purchase a set.

rocray, I need permission from bugredmachine to burn in further, after all their his tubes. If & when I go that route, I would have to get a pair of socket savers to alternate a set of 4. ''Said earlier'' Also if anyone should have the website of where they're purchased I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Dan  

@lowrider57 I have a set that I’ve tested for @bugredmachine & there’s no problem with those tubes. It has to be something in his system that’s rejecting them.

@bugredmachine Glad you received the tubes today, there has to be something going on with the pre-amp. Just a shame you have to go thru all of bull for them you work. Remember I only put a total of 2 hrs. on them. 

I'm still looking for the correct tube saver for me to pull the trigger on the Linlai.

Just pulled the trigger on a set of 4.

Hopefully they’ll be here by Fri., & socket savers.

Just contacted Viva Tubes & they informed me that, the 4 tubes I ordered will be individually boxed w/its test data. If anyone is curious. 

Has anyone ordered from Linlai direct? Their pic. of the tube has a solid base, but the drawing has the ring on the bottom as in the ones from Viva.

???????

@audioquest4life 

All of our tubes are 100% guaranteed to arrive as described, test as described and to be void of any sound defects including microphonics and noise. We offer a 30 day return window from the day you receive the item for all vintage tubes and 90 days for new production tubes. PLEASE NOTE - While we accept returns for basically any fault, we DO NOT accept returns for buyer's remorse which includes buyers who decide they don't like the subjective tonal signature of a tube.

All Psvane branded tubes receive a special 1 year guarantee

Any returned tube must test within 10% of the original value. Any larger variation would indicate many hours of use or abuse and voids our warranty. Email us before you return your item. We will email you a pre-paid return shipping label and will issue your refund / replace the item once it arrives back.