like Jubilees only much smaller... like standmount or towers

can i get some speakers that are like Jubilees only much smaller... like standmount or towers? self powered is good too... I am looking at the JBL 4367 at the top end and those are pretty big as well... not much room in me wee listening room....

canibefrank

Showing 1 response by james633

Horns are really about constant directivity. As mentioned above large horns are needed for low crossovers into the horn. The Klispch is what 400hz and the JBL 4367 is 700hz. While JBL stand mounts and towers are 1.2-1.5k-ish crossover. That lower crossover is the real advantage to horns. 

there are other ways to get control directivity with cardioid bass. Like Kii for example where the back drivers are out of phase with the front and it is all dsp controlled. I have never heard them. 

as for the 4367, I have owned them for about a week and it is by far my favorite speaker I have owned. Both refined, smooth, very detailed and powerful at the same time. Amazing texture in the 40-100hz range. They can be more rolled off in the highs than say the Cornwall (was a touch harsh to me) as the 4367 has a few trim adjustments that make a big difference. You can run them a little rolled off or a little tipped up. 

there are lots of powered monitors in the pro world. A horn example that comes to mind is the JBL 708p. I think Erin’s audio corner measured and reviewed them. But that is a whole other world for a different forum.