Lightning quick DYNAMIC amp in the under $1000 range

Hi guys, slowly upgrading my system on a bang for the buck budget. Anyone know of a musical, dynamic amp for under a grand? I would prefer new, but if anyone knows of a good deal on the used market, that could work, as well.
bstatmeister

Showing 3 responses by jetter

george, I have no idea which amp is best. But I have the STA200, check the audio advisor customer ratings and those in the thread I started here before buying it. Not an unsatisfied owner.

I don’t buy the doomsday audiosciencereview write up. Actually had no heard of the website until someone mentioned it RE: the STA200.

Have no pride of ownership thing, its just a fun $499 amp.

Haven't had a chance to try a class D amp, except in my subs.
mrdecibel, please also throw in a suggestion for a 6 foot PC for a high current/watt amp.
mrdecibel, funny you would ask, I just received three of the 6 footers and one is settling in very nicely on my parasound A21+.  The others will be powering my Museatex-Meitner monoblocks that I will be getting back tomorrow from being modded by John Wright.  

I am a novice regarding aftermarket power cords, but these do seem very well made.  Thanks for the recommendation.