Lexicon MC-1; DC-1 Power supplies

Has anyone else had a power supply die in their Lexicon MC-1, or DC-1 or 2?

It's happened to me twice now. They use what appears to me to be a pretty cheap switching power supply. Lexicon won't service these units for less than $600 (though for that they do a complete refurb). I had my DC-1 repaired a couple of years ago by local reputable shop and it cost $200.

I love the units for home theater. They sound great and are very user friendly for setup and control, but wonder about the reliability.

Am I just unlucky?
bdgregory
If it's not a fuse (check that first), it's very likely the PSU. You can verify with a VOM meter if you know how. I don't recall exactly what the connections are, but you should be able to trace where the PSU power output connects to the main board and measure if you have any voltage there.
Thanks Bdgregory. Since the fuse must be internal, I'm procuring a new Power Supply before tearing apart the whole HT setup to extract the Lexicon. (A chore I surely relish..)
I took Allhaildawg's link and purchased the power supply from Mouser. Put it in the MC-1 and now we're up and running! Thank you Audiogon guys!!!!
I just have to echo the comments above and say that this is still a relevant thread. Severe thunderstorms are frequent here in middle TN and a recent one tripped my line conditioner and shut off my DC-1. It was several hours before I got home and attempted to power it up -- no dice. Taking the advice above, I ordered a new PS from Mouser and I'm back up and running. Installation couldn't be much easier, just a few screws and a couple ribbon connectors. Thanks gents!
Anyone care to say how they removed power supply without bending side panel? I am preparing to do this only as a last resort.