Levinson

I am considering getting a Levinson 335 stereo amp, but I have read many posts implying that an FPB 200/300 is far better than the Levinson 335. Due to where I live I don't have a real chance to do a good in-home comparison of both amp so I have to rely on external reviews and users. Thanks for your help MD
montse9d5c

Showing 1 response by doug28450

I have a No. 332, the predecessor to the 335, and I am very satisfied with it. I listened to both Krell and the Levinson prior to purchasing. I found the Krell to be more forward, aggressive and harsh than I cared for. I don't mean that it is a bad amp, it is very good, just a little too much for my taste. My speakers are B&W 801 III's and the 332 really brings them alive. You will be making a good choice with either amp, just listen very carefully to each before buying. The other thing to consider with either of these is interconnects and speaker cables. Be prepared to spend some time listening to cables before settling on some, they will make a world of difference with Both Krell and Levinson. Good Luck , Doug