Length of speaker cables

I just went from 2 channel amp to mono blocks. Is it important that I stop using 4 meter audio quest rocket 88 and downsize to 6 ft? Will there be an audible improvement?
steven0713
I can only assume then b4icu that you are unable to discuss and / or justify using on a DC damping factor and your level of knowledge is Wikipedia?  People who know there topic well don't tend to call on Wikipedia for validation.

DF is a definition. That is all. It does not define the totality of energy transfer from an amplifier to the driver on a load speaker.

Similarly, the cables are as much the first part of the loudspeaker as they are the last little part of the amplifier no matter what you have interpreted from a Wikipedia article.

If you up can't even address the impact of cable impedance on signal transfer of an AC signal a figure which carries far more meaning than a DC DF, then how can I take you seriously?
Mr. dannad

I didn’t defined what DF is or how it is measured. Don’t blame me on that.
However, we should all use it as is. You can’t go in your own way.
DF is not about energy transfer. Its is about controlling the load (comlex).
If you would like to compare it to a car engine, as Power of an Amp. in Watts, equals to an engine power in HP.
The DF is the equivalent of it’s torque. No matter how much power your engine has, a poor torque will custrate it. So using thin cables on a high DF Amp. is like using a thin tube drive shaft that tumbles, or one made of rubber, rather than steel.

Did you ever try what I’m saying, before you go on and on arguing?
From your basics misunderstanding the roll of the cables, the DF and the link between the two, I assume you just argue for the fun. No particular reason.

I don't think you want to play this game with me. Given you need to use Wikipedia for validation, I don't think you are qualified to go down this path.

From your basics misunderstanding the roll of the cables,

True DF, not just DC DF, is not constant. In fact, most people don't use DF in a blind DC fashion, but refer to DF as a variable that changes with frequency, and it most certainly does, sometimes a huge amount over frequency depending on the amplifier architecture.

Of course, there is the simple fact that the "load" is much more complex than just the two terminals on the speaker, and if you are talking "control" there is quite a bit between those terminals and the air moving, and that load is not constant either, but changes with frequency.

And yes, it is about transferring energy, and you can't control the load, unless you are transferring energy, and as it turns out, the point of maximal energy transfer is a good approximation of best load control. Ultimate load control, i.e. lowest distortion movement of the speaker element, is not at all guaranteed at the lowest damping factor / speaker cable impedance. In some cases, some resistance is a good thing as it damps speaker movement so it stops in a controlled fashion as opposed to ringing.  Think of overly stiff springs poorly matched to shocks and you will get the idea.

Of course, when you realize that voice coil resistance and component impedance can be several ohms, and varies with manufacturing and temperature by several percent, that talking about resistances of 0.01 or less becomes somewhat meaningless.
Mr.  dannad

You spend so many words for nothing. 
Did you ever tried my way?
So many did and the results were fantastic. 
Lets try this one:
Tell me what is your Amp's DF and speaker cable length. 
I'll calculate for you the required #AWG.
Than you implement it.
After listening to the new cable (thick), compare it with the old
cable (thin), we can return to this conversation.
Till then, you are just wasting our time.
You are arguing for no reason, about something you didn't try nor understand. It's an absurd to continue this. Sorry.
Post removed