Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069

Showing 4 responses by tms0425

Yyzsantabarbara,

Yes, the Aeris does in fact have a down firing passive radiator recessed very deeply from the bottom, as well as 2 small ports in the rear.
Congrats on the Aeris's. I'm pretty sure I saw them when I visited Legacy a couple weeks ago. Beauties for sure. Have you left the Xilica settings stock or did you tune them for your room?
I just checked the pics I took that day and I'm pretty sure yours are the ones Bill demo'd for me. They were quite stunning looking and sounded fantastic, especially with the tuning demo he did on the spot. Enjoy!
This pair had all 4 woofer connections brought out to the back panel which was a great idea for trying other bass amps. Did you add any of the Clarity internal wire or upgraded caps?

Tom