Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069

Showing 4 responses by sm121055

I was just at Legacy Friday afternoon. Bill had pulled a pair from production and walked me through a room tune. There have been a few changes since RMAF. Probably the most significant was the change to the Xilicia XP 4080 processor which is the baby brother to the XD 4080 used with the Whispers. The other change was to go with 1000 wpc amplification for the bass section.
They are definitely in a different league than my Focus SE. Bill put a Signature SE in on the left and tuned it and it was amazing how the Aeris wss just so much in a different league.
If memory serves me, the amplification was a stereo amp by Coda. I believe the preamp was also by Coda. The front end was an Oppo blueray player.
;
What finish were the Aeris? The pair I listened to were in black oak, which is nowhere close to the Black Pearl finish on my Focus SE.
I am surprised they will have to outsource the Black Pearl finish as I didn't realize they were doing that for the other speakers.

So did you put in your order :)