Legacy Audio AERIS: RMAF/listening impressions?

I made a trip to Legacy this past week to hear this speaker in a non-show environment which would also afford more time to listen and hear music that I took with me. I don't see alot in the way of RMAF postings here as yet and would like to hear people's impressions of this speaker as I thought it an amazing speaker with huge potential. I've started a section on my system thread for anyone that wants to add material or please put your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069

Showing 8 responses by cobraman81061

Hi all got my new Aeris in about 2 weeks ago traded in my focus se in bp asks Doug Brown to make sure he finds a good home for them (I will miss them ) So anyhow still breaking them in I find with the help of the Xilica I was able to dial in the bass better than the focus se for my room The new amt is so clean sounding but so far I would have to say it"s the midrange that"s so impressive there is something about it that just draws you into the music I here things I never heard before it will be interesting as I put some more hours on them to here changes as they break in
Hi Zephyr thanks for your input on the Aeris ...I only have about 30 hours on mine as of now ...I was first introduced to legacy way back in the early 90"s back then I owned B&W matrix 801 when a friend introduced me to the new legacy focus well I bought a pair in rosewood and had them for 20 years! the second pair where focus se in black pearl an now the Aeris ...It"s been a lot of fun thru the years and in seeing how far legacy as a company has come over the years Aeris is one hell of a speaker...It will be interesting to here what the audio press think of It as time goes on.... I have never had the opportunity to travel to legacy you must have had a great time! hope to make it there someday
Zephyr congrads on your Aeris arriving please let us know what you think as they break in. I am having a blast with mine have about sixty hours on them now and starting to do some of my own programs with the DSP. What finish did you get? I also was sadden to se my focus SEs in black pearl leave but after setting up my Aeris I soon forgot all about them . Enjoy
Zephyr Glad to here how happy you are right out of the box .Was wondering if the first thing you notice right away was how clean the new amt is? Send us along some new pics when you can

right out of the box
Zephyr thanks for sending us updated pics they look great in your audio room Enjoy !
Ctsooner.. I have had the same experience over the years . I hate when someone is judging me on how I look or what I am driving hell I am in the Propane Gas Industry sometimes I cant get ride of the Propane smell lol... I live about one hour north of Hartford CT.. A few weeks ago I was in Hartford and I Stopped by The Stereo shop on Farmington Ave Having never been there before was not sure what to expect ended up having a great experience there I was told to make myself at home and try out anything I would like to.. Ended up talking with the salesman for a few hours by the time I was ready to leave I felt right at home if I was in the market for some McIntosh gear I would buy it there ...never been to Audio Connection but also sounds like a great place..
Zephyr...Hi yeah have been putting some hours on my Aeris and loving it. As great as Aeris midrange is (right out of the box) all I can say is it just keeps getting better. Had some audio friends over the other day and put some Johnny A. ON (A local Boston guy )and let my big VTL tube amps flex some muscle on Aeris midrange... never heard a Gibson Guitar sound so incredible...Is Aeris perfect no what is ? however when it comes to audio Aeris is the best purchase I have ever made.
Hi francisgr .. My vtl amps where made back in the early to mid 90s by David Manley they are a custom version of the old MB 225 that use EL34 output tubes  in ultra linear mode about 200 watts . Aeris plays really well with vtl amps. Even after three years of using this set up I am still very very happy.. Aeris is an amazing speaker . As a side note before Aeris I used these same amps to power a pair of Focus SE full range and never ran out of power and also sounded great    Aeris has internal 500 watt amps for each woofer so your vtl amps will only need to power from about 80 Hz and up. level matching between the internal amps and the vtl amps are really a  breeze  using the Xilica DSP your MB 185 should work and sound  great.