Left and right subwoofers with integrated

Just wanted to get some feedback regarding connecting two subwoofers to my integrated amplifier. The amp is a Musical Fidelity M6si and the subs are SVS SB 2000's. The Musical Fidelity has a single pre out. My question is whether there is any advantage to having both left and right channels going to each of the subs via dual Y-adaptors?I am not setting the subs up as distinct left and right subs, but will have one to the right of the front right speaker and the second sub will be diagonal from it in the back left corner of the room. Placement is as per SVS's advice, along with limited options in a small room.
128x128tony1954

Showing 7 responses by tony1954

@noble100 
Tim,

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I believe option 1 will be the preferred option as well.So, if I am understanding option 1 correctly, I would run a cable from the left pre out to the "left" sub and then use a "Y adapter" to connect it to both the left and right line inputs. The right pre out would be connected the same way to the right sub.

@millercarbon Thanks for the quick and clear response. My life is suddenly easier, which is a very rare occurrence these days.
I appreciate your commitment to my possible problem, but I think I will try 50Khz first and unless it is obviously problematic I will invest my time in subwoofer placement and room treatment.
@noble100 
Tim. That would be my preference, but I was trying to avoid running dual cables between the two subs. I have talked to SVS, who were very helpful by the way, and I think I will be just running a single cable to the right/LFE line input on each sub for now and see how that works. If bass is non-directional and monaural below 50Hz, then the SQ will more dependent on the sub placement than the signal.
@erikt  No you aren't missing anything. Just semantics. When I said "single pre out" I meant a single left/right output.@noble100  Tim. My speakers are Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE's and their rated response is 30Hz – 22kHz. The SVS sub low pass filter range is 50Hz - 160Hz. When setting the sub, do I set the filter at 50Hz or is it something done by listening?
@noble100
Tim,As below, I have been assured that the low pass filter will always be functional regardless of which way I go."On our subwoofers, running the RCA into the LFE port doesn't disable the ability to use the Low Pass Filtering Functionality. Actually running to any of our subwoofer's ports doesn't disable the ability to use LPF.
So, feel free to just plug one RCA into the LFE port of each subwoofer and back to the pre-outs of your integrated amplifier. Then just adjust the LPF accordingly."

@noble100

Thanks Tim.I am busy for a few days, followed by a 4 day golf holiday at Predator Ridge in Vernon, BC, so the crawling will have to wait for now.It sounds good in theory, but in a 700 sq ft condo there is not a lot of actual spots to put two subs. Hopefully the stars will align and I don't end up with one sub in a door way and the other next to me on the couch.