LED dimmable lights in audio room?

I am getting ready to redo my audio room/home office.

I am going to redo the ceiling tiles in here and want to wire up some dimmable LED lights (the "can"-type ones).

I would also like to put them on a dimmer. 

Any electromagnetic interference/distortion/static types of issues that you could foresee doing that?

Just wondered if anyone has done this before.

Thanks in advance.

128x128coralkong

Showing 1 response by bosshog7_2000

I’ve got a large room I use for 2 channel listening and my office.  Aside from listening to music I’m also into photography.  I have 24x36” prints mounted as well as concert posters I have framed etc.  To light all these I installed LED track lights that are controlled by a dimmer.  
I have ZERO issues with noise on any of my circuits and can dim the lights with zero buzzing or flickering.  The key is you need to buy a good quality dimmer designed for LED.  Specifically you want an electronic low voltage dimmer.  I bought a Lutron Maestro MAEMLV-600-WH.  This is a very expensive dimmer but is the ONLY one I found that didn’t cause an audible hum with the LED track lights I installed. There also doesn’t appear to be any sort of noise on my AC feed to my equipment, whole system sounds great.