Learning about crossovers helped convert me from atheist to a believer in God

Let’s see if this one survives.    

I have been an atheist for 50 years.  Recently I became a believer.  One factor that helped tip the scales is the “fine tuned universe” argument - the idea that the physics constants, e.g. the mass of an electron, are so finely “selected” that if they weren’t very close to what they are, life wouldn’t exist.  This is an argument for a creator.  The best counter argument seems to be that there are an infinite number of universes and we got lucky.  

When I got into audio, and started learning about crossovers, I was ASTOUNDED at how well the pieces fit together.  Octaves are exact doubles of frequency.  3dB describes so many seemingly unrelated phenomena.  But the one that really got me was the magic of capacitors and inductors.  They share no parts, other than wires sticking out at each end (usually), one acts due to voltage, one acts due to electromagnetism, one resists AC, one resists DC.  And yet, somehow, they are mirror images of each other, using almost exactly the same equations, behaving perfectly orthogonal to each other, even to the extent of how powerfully they perform their function (3dB again).  How is this possible?  Could this have happened due to random chance?  I smell a creator.  

alanhuth

The greatest American thinker , Charles Sanders Peirce , distinguished , from inductive and deductive reasonning , abductive or retroductive reasonning... Science after him keep this third form of reasonning...

This implies a circle , or a spiralling set of hypothesis at the end encompassing everything...Peirce created semiotics , the science of signs with this abductive idea , and it takes three steps in this science to encompass the infinity...The Percean triads..

We must read Aquinas 5 proofs of the existence of God all 5 TOGETHER in this Percean abductive context...

1. the argument from "first mover";
  2. the argument from universal causation;
  3. the argument from contingency;
  4. the argument from degree;
  5. the argument from final cause or ends ("teleological argument").

But at the end the Source being an evidence only need the mind eye directed on the right direction at the right time...

I will add to Aquinas 5 ways my sixth way : the absoluteness of number theory and the Nicolas of Cuses proof of the absolute infinity , before Cantor , which inspired Cantor to create the first universal mathematical theory...

In science one differentiates between in- and deductive hypotheses. Hopefully I am not insulting anybody in assigning this to the former and perceiving some distance to Thomas of Aquinas‘ attempted proof.

Mystics of all religions (not theologians there is a BIG difference here )  deliver the most bright mind and intelligence possible among humans with great mathematicians...Atheist are anything but not really deep minds... Sorry...

Great post. I don't have enough faith to believe this was a mistake or came about by chance. There is design in all created things. The creator God is beyond our ability to comprehend. 

The convolution of politics and religion was one of the principal subjects the Founding Fathers tried to prevent in drafting the Constitution. To see the religious right claim it as theirs is as much an alternative truth as MAGA was in its heyday