Lampizator Amber 3 DAC versus Primaluna EVO 100 DAC

Curious if anyone has listened to both of these units.  Single ended with no volume control, they're basically the same price ($2750 for Lampizator and $2999 for the Primaluna).  I've seen outstanding reviews for both, but haven't been able to audition either. Any idea how they differ in SQ?

Anyone care to compare either of these to the Cambridge Audio 851N (My current streamer/DAC).
dfairc777a

Showing 4 responses by dfairc777a

Thanks for the feedback. I still haven't heard the Primaluna, but have stopped looking as I settled on a used Lampizator Golden Atlantic.  Love it and try to listen to something new every day.
It appears not many have heard these units. I'm starting to lean towards the Lampi, simply because the tube clock in the EVO 100 is hard wired to the printed circuit board. Makes me worry about the cost of replacing that tiny tube.  Or is that just silly?
 Still asking about these DACs, also the Tubadour. If you were gifted one, which of the 3 would you want & why?
I'm beginning to think I'll never make a decision. I can't audition any of these, and it seems none of our Audiogon members have first hand knowledge of them either.