Krell Service

Love to hear turn around times you have recently experienced at the Krell factory service dept.
128x128hiend2
Hi,
I sent my SACD player for repair,and it was returned to me in less than three weeks,and the repair was done under warranty.
The other times that I have had other Krell equipment repaired,it was done in a very timely manner,and done well.
I consider Krell to be very good.
Avant
I find it humorous when someone states that 3-week turn around to repair a CD player is something to be happy about. My MF cdp was fixed in 3 days, and let me assure you that anything longer than a week would be unacceptable!
All things being equal, that's the reason why I stick with Musical Fidelity for my front end.
cd player has been there 4 weeks -still haven't gotten the initial e-mail from them and just found out it's going to be another 4 weeks.
there service dept has been cut in half and the biggest problem is the service dept manager (patrick)
he does even return calls
I have a mint Krell KPS 20i sitting there for about the same amount of time as the member above.It appears it will be at least a few more weeks before they get tolook at the unit.
The unit is there to have 2 (new)displays installed.
The unit was working perfectly it was just time to change the displays as they do fade out over time.

I'm experiencing a problem with the Manager (Patrick) he does not return calls.I mean come on just call me back and let me know.I shouldn't have to take time out everyday and chase him around for answers.
If you're behind due to problems with staffing that is one thing,but running away from the problem and not letting people know that's just not professional.
I could not get way with anything like that in my profession.
The service dept is indeed only half of what is was before.
Sales may be down but service request are not.
I don't know why a company would layoff service techs when the company has the same work load.
This won't help sales either in my opinion.
If I' own a Krell unit and have to wait this long for service don't you think it will have an effect on whether or not I buy a new Krell again next time.The best way to get new sales is to keep your existing Krell customers happy.Lose them and you are in trouble.
On a positive note
Thank god Steve L is there,unfortunately he is the only one on the ball and can't do everything himself.
I was also told by the Krell vice president(Rhonda Caldwell) that the company has reduced it's work force by nearly 1/3 due to the lack of sales and that she too is very frustrated with things at Krell.
I could not believe she was telling me all of this ,it may have been due to the fact that I spent over 35 minutes bouncing from extension to extension trying to get someone to actually pick up their phone and was very frustrated once I got a chance to speak to someone.

I hate to say it but they've lost me as a customer.
I plan on selling my unit when I get it back.
Anyone interested in a mint Krell KPS 20I (new transport and digital board installed last year)?
New displys hopefully installed soon.

Bob
I had a Krell KSA Amp fixed by Krell a few years back.
It came back in about a month and half.

However, they charged me quite a bit ($400) + shipping for a new box stapped to a pallet, and didnt return the original box.
It was just a basic box, with no markings.
The total bill was half box , pallet, and shipping the other half repair costs.