Krell KC-100 and KC-200 cartridges by Takeda. Any differences?

It is generally accepted that Haruo Takeda was one of the most celebrated cartridge makers in Japan, before retiring about a decade ago. Between the 1980's and early 2000's he released several models under his own Miyabi brand (Ivory, MCA and Standard) and also built cartridges for Krell, Mark Levinson, Cello and Red Rose (ML's other two brands), 47Labs and even Mobile Fidelity.

As far as I'm aware Krell was the only company who commissioned two different models from Takeda: KC-100 (in black) and KC-200 (in silver). I've tried to find out if there are other differences besides colour, but so far came up empty. The scarce information suggest that Takeda-San always built his cartridges using aluminum cantilever with Ogura PA stylus. But recently I acquired a KC-200 with boron cantilever. It's certainly one of the best carts I've ever heard, but I'd like to know if this was originally done by Takeda. Perhaps on Dan D'Agostino's request as an alternative to the aluminum cantilever KC-100. Or did I get a retipped sample. Does anyone know the facts?

edgewear

Showing 1 response by dover

Krell KC200 was new model above the KC100, released in 1989.
KC200 had Sapphire cantilever as standard ( not Boron ).