Krell K-300i vs Lyngdorf TDAI-3400

Hello,

I’ve been considering the idea of simplifying my audio rig by getting rid of several boxes and these two seem to fit the bill.

Would like opinions of actual owners (pros/cons) and how these compare in the real world.

I’ve read almost every review I’ve seen online, but there are no dealers for them were I live, buying based on reviews has me kind of scared, so any help (opinions) will be appreciated! 

My current audio rig:
Pre: Cary SLP-308
Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand II Signature Series
Streamer: Bluesound Node 2i
Speakers: Wilson Audio TuneTot
Subs: (2) REL T5i
Wires: SR Foundation series (full loom)
raffie_pr
Hello

I had used Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Sig from 1989 to 1999 with satisfaction.

I have Lyngdorf 2170 to use as room correction and eq presets rather than Dac and amplifier.

Lyngdorf 2170 does not have tube magic but will be as transparent as Krell with less bass slam.

But overall I believe that Lyngdorf 3400 will work well with Wilson Audio TuneTot and subwoofer.

But selection of audio component depends on personal taste.

Thus it is advisable for your to try out Lyngdorf 3400 at your home.

Thomas
I owned a KAV 300i in the nineties. It was my first 'high end' component and it was really good. The transparency, timing, and bass slam were disproportional to the small size.

I spent much more on separate pre amps and amps before I bettered the Krell.

I'm sure you would be taking a step up from your current rig with the Krell while downsizing at the same time.
I have Lyngdorf 2170 to use as room correction and eq presets rather than Dac and amplifier.

Can you explain how you do this? Do you have a tape loop on your preamp?
I have Lyngdorf 2170 and also would like to use as room correction rather than Dac and amplifier.   Can anyone help with the connections?