Krell FPB 300cx enough to drive B&W Nautilus 801?

I'm about to purchase the Nautilus 801s, along with the Krell FPB 300cx amp. Would there be any significant improvement if I were to get the Krell 400cx instead? I emphasize the word significant, because price is a major issue. I know the 801s need power, so any opinions as to the sufficiency of the 300cx would be much appreciated. Thanks.
liszt458
Again, thanks to everybody for taking the time. Very informative! I decided to go for the 400cx, and I expect to have everything in place within the next 10 days or so. I'll let you know how it sounds.
a 300 ids not enough power to for a pair of 801's. i know through experience. i owned a pair of 802 and started with a 300 and eventually moved up to a 600 and then upgraded to the 700. the 300 is a great amp, but not enough for a pair of 801's. good luck
I think the 300cx would be more than sufficient power to run the 801's. B&W's are fairly efficient, I have 802'S, same power requirement, and am running tube mono-blocks at 220w/channel. I am NOT lacking power, in fact I haven't turned turned the volume up past about 1/3rd. Unless you are driving music for a auditorium or concert hall the 300 would be fine.
The 300cx is PLENTY to drive the 901's to levels above 100db. How many people listen to music that loud? :O
I am a no count nobody from nowhere when it comes to Hi-Fi equipment, but I have been studying very much to understand how it all works. I am getting into it all and have purchased a set of B&W n802 just recently. To my understanding with all my research, I have discovered that the increase in watts pr channel isn't about more volume. It's about the quality of the sound at all volume levels.