Krell Evo 505 vs Esoteric X-05 or X-03

My system consists of a Krell KCT preamp connected via cast cables to Krell FPB 350MC monoblocks then siltech to B&W N803's. My current front end is a Krell KAV 280 CD player which is a bit tempermental. It will only play redbook cd's in pristine condition and sometimes refuses to play blemish free cd's and will not consider anything I have burned.

I am tempted by the entire cast linked system by running the 505, but I am concerned that the 505 will be as selective in what it chooses to play. I have some limited experience with Esoteric players, and they played anything and everything without fuss, and played them brilliantly.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Steve

stapimp
The EVO 505 is discontinued. Krell replaced it with a the NEW EVO 525 line shipping this month. The EVO 525 is built from the ground up and uses a new transport system of the slot variety. I was told by Krell that the transport is much better than their old ones and are very accurate/quiet and have much less jitter.
I am a fan/current owner of Esoteric gear and have owned the DV-50s, UX-1/Limited and currently own the P-03U and D-03. They play everything (except Dual Disc as documented) without an issue and do it extremely well. I have also heard and been extremely impressed by the Krell 505 (3 years ago). A friend also owns one. The sound for SACD and CD (and XRCD, HDCD (read as RBCD) is extremely impressive and I've yet to see the unit have a problem reading either of the two types of media that it supports.