KR Audio KT88 Vacuum Tubes

Does anyone have experience with these power tubes?  I understand they are well made and likely last longer than their Russia or Chinese counterparts.  But, they are much more expensive.  My real question has to do with the KR Tubes sound quality.  Would you replace good sounding Gold Lion KT88s with the KR Audio tubes for a sound quality benefit?  I've also read they make the similarly expensive EAT brand tubes that some prefer.

coppy777

I Have the KR's powering my PL HP, 8 tubes in all. I did pay less then $1000.00 a few years ago. 16 total. There's always pos. & neg. opinions on price, performance,etc. Me, I swear by them. Tried many well known tubes before I went to the KR family. These tubes are phenomenal! I'm running a Don Sachs pre-amp feeding to my Klipsch base horns, & Altecs 311's with Facial pro tweeters. If anyone wonders what fast base should sound like, my setup can show you. +1 for the KR's

I have a drawer full of tubes, a Dennis Had Firebottle HO power amp and an original Freya preamp...both amps use 6SN7GTB tubes (the Had uses one, the Freya four). Recently I was trying various KTs (and 7581As from Tung Sol) power tubes from the stash in the Had amp (the 6SN7s are all NOS GEs which I prefer over anything else I’ve tried) and was enjoying how interesting and different all of ’em sounded. I was smoking pot so EXCUUUSE ME! After reading something from a guy who made a passionate case for KT120s over 88s (GLs are my faves of those) I put a pair from the collection in the amp and man...he may have been right. The 120s are now preferred...until I put the GL 66s or 77s back in for some reason. Or just hook up my Pass XA-25 again...that’s my other power amp that rests until called upon. I gotta quit smoking that stuff, or smoke more of it. Something, anything.

Is this what they mean by "Double Blind" testing?

An enjoyable read in any case.

I'm still trying to decode the results.  I actually prefer a good English Gin for these critical sessions.

Best...