Koetsu Urushi + MC step up transformer

After years of listening to my Koetsu Urushi fed directly into the 47K MM input of a Conrad Johnson PF1 I have started using a step up transformer. It is built around a pair of Lundahl transformers and I have tried some different loading resistors but I find the sound is quite harsh and has lost some of the air and space it had before.

I was told that the transformers would need 50-100 hours of bedding in and they would loose the harshness... Hmmm. I've never been a great believer in the burn-in philosophy for entirely passive components - like bits of wire - will a MC transformer burn-in to any extent or should I continue playing with the loading to find the best match or just toss the whole thing out the window?
68spider
Can you be a little more descriptive? In what way does it "suck"? Do you lack gain even with the SUT? Is it bass heavy or exaggerated in the treble? Is it grossly distorted? Are both channels behaving in identical fashion? Etc...

Since I believe K&K are the importers of Lundahl, you may be able to get good advice from Kevin. He is very knowledgable.
The "sucky sound" is a lot of harshness in the upper treble - quite unpleasant. Also, the sound stage has gone completely flat, all the air and space around the instruments has disappeared. Bass seems OK. There is no problem with the gain, the 13:1 ratio is just right.

I'm in the UK and didn't get the Lundahls from Kevin, although he did send me his spreadsheet for calculating the load resistance.

Both Sowter and Jensen recommend a Zobel network to reduce ringing in the transformer. It is just a resistor in series with a capacitor across the secondary windings. I have added such a network to the Lundahls and, on initial listening, this sounds very promising.

I have used the exact Lundahl transformers that you are using. In the past, I've not been a big fan of "burning in". However, with the Lundahl's, you will notice a MARKED improvement at about 100 hours. If you want to speed the process - hook the outputs of a cd player with the inputs of the transformer. Hope this helps.
Of course, I don't actually have a CD player but I guess a tuner would do. I did try a few days with it connected to the output of the transformer (cartridge disconnected) but you think connected to the input would be better?