klipshorn speakers

awile back i posted that my son is looking for a speaker that will shake his room.he is buying a klipshorn. is this a good choice??
128x128g_nakamoto
mijostyn, yeah sure, I've never heard real three dimensional imaging. How would you know, have you been here in my listening room? Also, I did state imaging of STOCK Klipschorn was SURPRISING,  taking in account it's design liabilities.

My Klipschorns are most definitely not stock, only the bass cabinet remains stock, they image spectacularly, performers in room illusion.  Some of the mods I've done are available to anyone, they can improve the imaging of Klipschorn.

Also, in the realm of someone looking for speakers that will shake the room, when did imaging become important? I didn't bring up that aspect of performance, simply responding to you.
It is hard for me to imagine listening to a Khorn w/o serious modifications. Some of the inherent problems of this speaker in stock form (older models) just get worse as volume is increased. Some of these mods arent terribly expensive.
my son doe's not care about accuracy of a speaker! he just want's to hear his music 'loud'!!!!!
I like russ69’s advice, and you can also get Belle Klipsch’s if you want a better looking speaker.

I sold Klipsch’s when I was in college and I sold more Belle’s and La Scala’s than K-horns because they were much easier to place in a room.

Another consideration is the fact that your son is likely to move multiple times during his career and Belle’s/La Scala’s will be much easier to place in a new room. The best sounding Klipsch system I ever sold was a pair of Belle’s to a wealthy doctor who had a 60’ x 30’ listening room, but no corners. He powered them with an Audio Research power amp and in his room, they were the BEST SOUNDING Klipsch’s I ever head.

And I believe jasonbourne52 makes a good point with his JBL recommendation. Less expensive, somewhat similar sound, and MUCH EASIER to move.

As always, YMMV😎