Klipsch RP-600M & Klipsch R-12SW Sub Or Focal JM Lab-Cobalt 806 & Focal JM Lab SW 800 Sub?

Good morning everyone! First time poster here. I have the opportunity to buy a pair of Focal JM Lab-Cobalt 806 Bookshelf Speakers and a Focal JM Lab SW 800 Subwoofer for let's say less than a $1000 (The seller has allowed me some "wiggle room" as far as the pricing.) The aforementioned speakers come in ALL of their original packaging, original boxes and are like in brand new condition.

I bought a pair of Klipsch RP-600Ms in 2022 and they too are in MINT condition but without the box they came in. I also bought a Klipsch R-12SW subwoofer in which is also in the same condition and I do have the box for that one.

I have read a lot of great things/reviews from these specific Focals and the Focal sub and I am thinking about selling my entire Klipsch setup and buy the Focal setup (I like to keep it "all in the family" if you know what I mean.)

What do you say/think? Do any of you have any experience(s) with these Focal speakers/sub?

By the way, I have a Marantz NR1711 7.2 receiver. I listen to mostly streaming (HEOS) on the Marantz, CDs from an Integra CDC-3.4 6 Disc cd changer and a Yamaha KX-W952 cassette deck (I have other tape decks as well.) I listen to mostly Dance/Electronica. Some Latin Jazz, no gaming or watching movies. basically, it would be another 2.1 setup like the Klipsch setup I have now.

I would really appreciate your help and advice on this one you guys and girls.

Have a great and safe day!

PS: If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

128x128tampabaycenter

There are lots of good speakers out there, what is your budget?

I have not been a big fan of Focal’s lower end models. Focals good speakers start with the Sopra line for me, everything else is too rough in frequency response.

maybe read up on the source point 8 speakers or  arendal  Both are up and coming brands with solid measurements. 

for what it is worth I have owned both focal and Klispch… 

Hi James633! Thanks for your reply! My budget is $700 tops for a pair of bookshelves.

I will check out the Source Point 8 and Arendal speakers you recommended. Thanks!

Ok well both my recommendations will blow up your budget…

specifically I have heard both the RP600M and a bit higher model of Klipsch sub than you have. I think the speakers are pretty good and the subs is pretty bad. A sub upgrade would make a huge difference but I am not sure the focals will be better speakers and might just be different. You may or may not like them better.

It’s always subjective. Focal makes some great stuff, but I’m not impressed with their lower end speakers I’ve heard. My son has the Focal/JM Labs Chorus 815 and 805, and they’re pretty darn middle of the road if you ask me. The sub is good IMO.   My opinion is the same with most of the Klipsch lower end stuff. All just profit boxes.