Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
audioman58 is right. Loose the Oppo! I owned a 105. It's good bang for the buck but high end it ain't. It surprises me constantly to see and hear systems with multi thousand dollar turntables and a sub $1000.00 CD player. No wonder people claim to not like digital. Fix the most broken part of your system first. Joe 
I’m one of those Klipsch fans from years ago because I loved the open live sound they produced. A friend and I visited the demo room in Hope, Arkansas in 1974.  I bought a pair of simple pair of raw birch e and eventually traded them in on a pair of LaScallas. Ultimately, Cornwall was my speaker of choice because of the bass response. With a little modification, they could be fantastic. But, I also learned that Klipsch can be room sensitive. The larger speakers sound far better in a larger room. My LaScallas needed a huge room to sound their best. Please remember, this is all pre -1984.

Where I’m disqualified is that I didn’t keep up with changes over the years. That being said, I first heard both the Heresy IV and the Cornwall IV at the RMAF last year. (That isn’t exactly true. I had heard the Heresy at Listen Up here in Denver earlier. It seemed that they were set up in such a way and to assure that they would never sell a pair to anyone but those who surely wanted them. It was also in the Listen Up room that I heard them again) I could hardly believe what I was hearing. The difference between the older Cornwall and the new IV was, to me, huge. The new speaker fits well in a small space, though the cabinet is big. The sound was not as overwhelming as the older model.
If I had space, that would be my choice because I like to listen at a lower volume and the sound of the music was not diminished by the lower volume. I’ll say it again, if one has the room, they are a worthy speaker for music lovers.
Sean at ZERO FIDELITY Reviewed the IV's on his Youtube channel. His room is only 9 x 12 and the Cornwall's did fine in that small environment..although I wouldnt want to try to escape a room that size with those speakers if there was ever a fire  :)
@riaa

Wouldn't need to escape - could just hide inside one of the enclosures until help arrives...