Kirmuss 'In the Groove' Ultrasonic Record Restorer - Upscale Audio Edition

Looking to get an ultrasonic disc cleaner. This one was recommended to me by an audiophile friend. Anyone here have this model? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I know nothing about  Ultrasonic cleaners but hear they are great. 

128x128knollbrent

I'd buy a degritter. Very reliable

I currently own an Audiodeske Glass which works great, but has had some reliability issues.

I also have a VPI 16.5 for heavier duty initial cleaning if necessary for used records.

I had a Kirmuss briefly. Following their cleaning protocol requires more time than I have available for the task.

@knollbrent first off, I have never used a Kirmuss machine but have seen several full demonstrations of Kirmuss and others using this/these machine(s).  Based on this, I do agree that it requires a hell of a lot more time than I am willing to invest cleaning records.

Secondly, I very strongly second the recommendation to read Neil Antin's "Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records-3rd Edition" in the Vinyl Press.  This is by no means an easy read but worth every second of your time if you are serious about investing in an US record cleaning machine or system which, in my opinion, is an absolute must for vinyl lovers.  I would also recommend reading through a couple of threads I started here called "Record Cleaning Machines" and "KI Audio or Degirtter Mark II".  Neil, ever so gracious with his time and expertise, contributed to both.

Finally, I recommend checking out CleanerVinyl.com with an especially close look at the Elma Sonic P60H.  Building an US cleaning system around this Elma Sonic P60H machine will yield results as good as the Degritter at considerably less the cost, based upon an A/B comparison I've done between my CleanerVinyl based system and an original Degritter machine.  Nevertheless, the Degritter, with an extra water tank is still, in my opinion, still the most eloquent (i.e.  easiest & least time-consuming) and most relatively cost-effective US record cleaning system I know of, unless you have the space for and want to shell out some serious bucks for a KLaudio machine.

Good Luck!

Elmasonic P60H 

dual hz cavitation 

internal heater

German made 

the trick is to find a rotisserie to rate your records

i found this option from a person who cleans records for a living 

good luck 

I don't have experience with the others, but I've had an original DeGritter for 3 or 4 years now, have cleaned hundreds of albums in it, and it works as well as the day I bought it, which is 'perfect'. Expensive purchase but one I did not regret, and now they've got an improved model since then; I don't need to upgrade, though. 

I own and have used the Kirmuss for the last 5 years.  There are not 21 steps to clean a record. You press the start button twice and that's it.  The record is clean in about 5 minutes.  You do have to dry the record off, obviously.  The unit has given me no issues in 5 years of extensive use.