Kimber Cable Select

Would Kimber Cable Select be a good match with McIntosh Equipment (i.e. MC611, C2700 tube preamp,  MCD 12000 or MCD 600 SACD/CD  player?

128x128farne230

Showing 1 response by reynolds853

@farne230 Sounds like you are assembling a nice system that I trust you will enjoy for a long time. I don’t have any experience with AudioQuest wire but can attest from my experience that the KS6063 and KS1116 wire you are considering are quite good. For years on my main system, I used KS6065 speaker cables and KS1126 interconnects but had KS6063’s and KS1016’s on other systems. I have a friend who has a McIntosh setup and has been happy with his KS1016’s and KS6063’s for years.

Full disclosure, however, for my new main system I have moved away from the Kimber wire and gone with Kubala-Sosna Realization for all power cords, interconnects, and speaker cables. That being said, however, from many years’ experience with the Kimber wire you are considering I can certainly recommend it, especially at its price point.

The main reason I wanted to reply to this thread, however, was to make another couple of suggestions that you might consider. For many years I used Kimber PK10 Palladian power cords on my source, preamp, and amp. They are very good and only recently supplanted by the Realization wire. The Palladians made a significant contribution on all the systems on which I used them. Also, I use an isolation transformer (Torus AVR20) and like it a lot. If you end up considering a piece such as the Torus, add up the continuous current draw for all your components. If the total draw is less than 15-amps you could use something like an RM15. The AVR20 is overkill for my system but I like it.