Kef 104/2 Replacements

I have had my Kef 104/2's for almost 20 years and have always gone back to them over other speakers I've tried. Unfortunately for me they are finally in need of permanent replacement. I am looking for a similar sounding replacment that will work well in my existing system. I'm using a Bryston 4B ST, Manley Shrimp, Classe CDP 10, and all Harmonic Technology cables. I'm hoping to spend between $1200-2500 if possible. As always - any help is greatly appreciated.

Clayeton
128x128clayeton
I suggest considering used Merlin TSMs. If they don't give you enough bass, add a subwoofer.
It is unlikely that any drop in drivers will work for this system. VERY rarely can you find drivers that drop in that were not original manufacturer specs.
Just finished re-doing my 1987 Kef 104.2's. Superb sound is back. I would definitely fix those speakers instead of replacing them. I redid the crossovers, had the woofers refoamed professionally and installed the Peerless 25DX tweeters which were almost a drop in. I remember now why all the hoopla about these fabulous classics. Richly deserved. Total outlay $370. Would need to spend thousands for better sounding speakers.
Javachip, apologies for the late response, just came back here today and saw your post. The tweeters I used are the Vifa (Peerless) DX25TG05's. They will easily fit but are not a drop in. I'll be glad to explain if you want. I only replaced 7 capacitors in each x-over and stayed very close to the original values (same mf, slightly different voltage). The were Bennic brand electrolytics and I put in 2 films where they fit, (the 3.3mf and the 10mf ones)No changes done to the X-overs networks. Pretty easy project. Already sound awesome, still breaking in.

I started with similar vintage KEFs and upgraded to Atc, and the sound is indeed a bit different, but preferable to my ears. I wasn’t unhappy with the KEFs until I heard the new speakers.