Jvc tt101 ql10 platter repair or for sale

Dear all i have a jvc ql10/tt101 that was damaged in transit. Thankfully wilkinsons have repaired it very well and done a couple of upgrades too.

There is one problem - the platter got a bit damaged and is slightly bent.

Does anyone have:

A ql10 tt101 thats just being used as a doorstop? Let me know i will buy

A recommended machinist/blacksmith who can get it bent back perfectly - i am based in London uk
lohanimal

Showing 7 responses by lohanimal

Hi chakster 

it is only the platter that has a 1mm bend everything else is excellent since the work by wilkinsons - it included changing the ball bearing to a ceramic one

total cost was 300

i was hoping for a non working 101/ql10 for parts as i already have several tt’s
Lol about 2 years. It was punctuated and put on hold until a house refurbish. The ptfe plate was indented and the ball was a bit rough - probably from the transit which slightly damaged the platter. That said, other than the platter, it is perfect. Wilkinsons are excellent - one of the guys also works as a nuclear engineer as it happens. I highly recommend them 
hello @best-groove the person that sold the turntable was told to remove the platter and really tightly pack everything. The idiot did not and i think USELESS PARCEL SERVICE threw stuff on top and used it like a football (bit like Ace Ventura opening scene)
It's ever so slightly tilted.

I am considering getting one machined from stainless steel or aluminium tooling plate. The only problem is getting it perfectly made to the same weight and sourcing the damping rubber underneath the platter.

On the issue of getting the JVC serviced I used these guys:

https://www.wilkinsons.tv/about-us/jvc-museum/ 

Slow  but excellent. I'm not sure they will take it via the post as the chap there i used does this round trip to london every few weeks and I had to meet up with him to hand the JVC over.

They know their stuff
Well I have managed to find a working QL10 with a UA 7045 arm for an amazing price - it was the cheapest option
Dear all the man i bought the ql10 off got it with a jvc rack and amplifier at a car boot sale for the sum total of £25.00😎
my own ql 10 works very well just a minor bend (1mm -2mm at most on the platter) the rest of the motor unit is good - plinth is a bit tatty but again - nothing wrong. If i cant source a platter ii may see if i can get one made of acrylic