Jvc tt101 ql10 platter repair or for sale

Dear all i have a jvc ql10/tt101 that was damaged in transit. Thankfully wilkinsons have repaired it very well and done a couple of upgrades too.

There is one problem - the platter got a bit damaged and is slightly bent.

Does anyone have:

A ql10 tt101 thats just being used as a doorstop? Let me know i will buy

A recommended machinist/blacksmith who can get it bent back perfectly - i am based in London uk
lohanimal

Showing 4 responses by best-groove

@lohanimal bad problem, how did the platter bend, perhaps it fell from the fifth floor of an apartment building?
you could try a grinding on the lathe but the operator must be very good!

I have a TT 101 that does not work well but I expect to be able to make it work before this summer, so it is not available, but I could not make it work when I will sell it as spare parts; unfortunately the platter is difficult to find, had it been a Technics SP 10 II it was easier to find the used spare part.
this is available 

@elliottbnewcombjr no the plattes tt 71 and 801 are not compatible as I own them and they are very different, maybe it could be compatible with the TT 81 but I have many doubts.

@lewm  I think there are other people in the country of the opener without relying on a manufacturer located on the other side of the world.
@lewm transposing an object in your country has a usually limited cost; the same item sent from the other part of the world has a decidedly higher cost plus there is the customs that wants its money, everything could come to cost like the item itself, but if there is a need all this will not is priced.
@lohanimal   very lucky; now you can sell the other turntable as spare parts.