Just got a new Bluesound Node. Very disappointed!

I got the BSN to run to my NAD M51 DAC and everything sound like the treble has been turned up +10db. The bass is also weak. I use Qobuz and Tidal and both sound the exact same way. I can listen to cd’s  is my Oppo of the same music with no problem. 

what gives, is it really this bad?

last_lemming

Showing 1 response by twodogs112

I just got my node setup yesterday. Had a lot of problems initially and with the help of their it persons got it working great. No problems with the sound yet. I did buy the unit used from another individual, so I don’t know if there were problems before. 
  That said, I did a factory reset (pay attention to the led colors) , deleted the BLos app, and reloaded it again. After about 45 min , everything was up and running. 
  One suggestion I might make is to remove the Dac from th signal path to see if that makes a difference. Second , change the inputs coming into your preamp and evaluate. You might have done this already to track down the gremlin. This process would show what the problem is. It might be even bad cables or a connection problem. 
I know it is frustrating, I had the same type of problems with my turntable hookups. Rerouted cables did the trick for me with that. Good luck.