Joule Electra LA -150 ii/ 200 and impedance issues

I am interested in buying either an Electra LA-150 ii or LA-200 (used) but in the only review on the LA-200, in PF,
it is stated that the amp's input impedance should be over 100Kohms. I am bi-amping Thor TPA ii with input impedance of 100Kohms and Class d audio, input impedance of 47K, but wiuth adjustable gain. Speakers Joseph Audio Pulsars.
Any comments from Joule users, please?
Will the LAQ-200 be a fit? (It is a lot less expensive than the 150 ii) Joule doesnt publish the output impedance of his amps.
springbok10

Showing 1 response by bifwynne

Springbok, yup it's just like Al said. Take a look at some of my posts which discussed how I loaded my ARC Ref 3/5 preamp's 2 outputs: Main 1 -- drives the main amp. Main 2: -- drives a single subwoofer. ARC recommends that the combined load impedance presented to the Ref 3/5 NOT be less than 20K Ohms.

Using Al's formula, I realized that I overloaded my preamp. In my case, I found a gent who custom designed a built a buffer device for me that presents Main 2 with a much higher impedance load. The device also (i) sums the left and right channels for the subwoofer without shorting the Mains and (ii) enables me to tap both loads into the preamp's balanced outputs.

It's a cool device and was NOT terribly expensive.