John Lennon, 29 years ago today....

John Lennon not only changed the face of popular music his influence also changed the way we live our lives.
It's undeniable.
dreadhead
The Beatles were a musical group.If a musical group changed your life,you must have had a miserable existence.
"If a musical group changed your life,you must have had a miserable existence."

They didn't, but seemed to have a big effect on the world in general when I was a kid.

I tend to think the world would be different somehow today if there were no Beatles. There definitely would have been no Beatles withot John Lennon. Hard to say....maybe things would have turned out differently, maybe not.

They were just a music group yes but undoubtedly one of the major cultural influences of the latter 20th century. I do not think there is any denying that? It is well documented.

Tis the season for "It's a Wonderful Life", I suppose.
Kb54,

You comments are right on!!
I agree with you 100%.
His messages become even more relevant as time passes.
I'd also say that even if the Beatles formed without John Lennon, their influence would have been lesser. He was the primary force in the Beatles that made people take notice IMHO. His music was a big part but his wit, outspokenness and apparent intellect (as evidenced in the messages the lyrics in his songs espoused as well as in spoken interviews), was the thing that put and kept the Beatles and himself on the map.

Plus, he had a dark side that also helped make him an interesting person, for better or for worse and ironically played a tragic role in his demise. Fascinating stuff!

Lennon/McCartney and LEnnon himself are fascinating topics IMHO. Ying/Yang to the max! McCartney's perhaps lesser public dark side is/was far less interesting IMHO.
it just go to show you . you can't fix stupid. thanks for all your insight. attention walmart shoppers. why don't u guys download some lady gaga