Jelco St-250/Audioquest PT6 the exact same?

I have been googling around and have not been able to confirm that these are an exact match. I am getting a Jelco for my HW-19 mkiv and have to fab an armboard and mount the Jelco. I have found better templates for the audioquest and comparing them to the jelco instructions they seem identical but wanted to be very certain before drilling any holes.

thanks
grinnell

Showing 1 response by markd51

As far as I know, the AQ-6-7-8 Arms were all the same, the only differences were, the Tonearm Cable they threw in with the Arm determined what they were called.

It appears the SA-250ST is the same, but as Delihaus has explained, no damping trough evidently on the SA-250ST.
I would assume both mounting distance, and the Arm Base is identical for both arms.

Another discrepency I noted in some not long back discussions about these arms, is also an apparent different in mass, that the newer SA-250ST seemed to have a higher mass, quite a bit higher that the older AQ Arm? I thought this odd, as they look like virtual clones, and wondered then where this additional mass came from?

Wonder what they did, stuff the ArmWand with a heavier material (lead)? lol

I'm not even sure at this point, if the cueing mechanisms are interchangeable between the Mark AQ PT, and the Jelco 250ST, etc? Mark