Jeff Rowland 201 or 501 for high current demands

I hear a lot of good things about these amps, but will they work for speakers that like a lot of current? The 201 mentions 35 amps and the 501 mentions 45 amps in the specs.

Thanks,

Dave
dbld

Showing 4 responses by dbld

My Legacy/Coda Monobloc amps are said to have the ability to deliver 90 amps. I do have a dedicated 20 Amp circuit and am using shunyata power products. I am just kicking around the idea of changing amps, but whatever I get, I want to be able to deliver high current.

I have to find a place to hear these things!
So what is truly important when evaluating a potential amp...before listening that is?

The problem is, you cannot always get different amps connected to your same speakers for evaluation.

There is wattage output, voltage output, and amperage output numbers from many manufacturers. How does one make sense of it all, or should you just trust reputations?

My speakers (Legacy Focus 20/20 (back off sean)) are said to want high current amps and are rated at 4 ohms.

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a class A amp, but I keep seeing the digital amps and how many people like them.

Obviouly, I don't know much about this stuff and am just looking for information.
Muralman1,

That is something to consider (the money back guarantee that is). However, I am not the kind of person that would buy something like this with the intention of returning it. I just need to be comfortable with my decision whatever it might be. Right now, I need to attain a better understanding of what's what with amps in general, sort of my own hobbyist due diligence.

Thanks for the tip on the H2O though. It looks (sounds to others that is) very interesting.

Dave
Thanks Guido,

That's relatively close. I'll keep it in mind to pay a visit.

Dave