JBL 1400 Array's

Has anyone listened to these? Impressions? I am thinking about getting a pair but no way to listen first. have Mcintosh Mc402 & c46 for sources
tom1040
I just paired them up with the Marantz MA9S2 reference monoblocks. I think they sound even better now. Very tight control over the 14" woofer.
Hello Gents,

There were featured by JBL at RMAF...

Interesting the comments on the low bass, the 1400's are 3 db down at 25 hz signifying a lot of low frequency energy (as tested by stereophile) but it does have an 8 DB peak right around the 80-100 hz region, this could be the reason why it is perceived as being weak in the low bass.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/jbl_synthesis_1400_array_bg_loudspeaker/index5.html

Seems like they ( stereophile) liked it .......

regards
I think I may get the lowest octave with the Array 1500 WG sub that I am purchasing. Then all will be well.
I have listened quite a lot to both the 1400's and the L300 summit , and to me the array 1400 is far superior.
For me jbl array 1400 very good match with cat ultimate preamplifier and primaluna 7 .
Replaced a pair of JBL 4350's in my room - and that takes some doing ! Running with a Krell KSA150 and very pleased with the results. They do all but the lowest octave better than the 4350.

A very, very good speaker IMHO.
There's a guy on audiocircle who has a pair(he really likes them).I have seen maybe two reviews on them.I think the guys
user name is laundrew.