James Strickland/Acoustat

James Strickland was owner/inventor of the Acoustat
speakers. Whatever happened to him???Same goes for
David Lucas another electrostatic innovator.
shubertmaniac
Sad News for Acoustat lovers. I just got word from Roy Esposito an Engineer with Acoustat, that Mr Strickland has passed away apparently on Thankgiving Day 2017 in Mesa, AZ . what a Great product he designed, it is so sad that we are losing a lot of great Designer/ engineers we also lost Arnie Nudell of Infinity to Genesis a founding member, American schools are not teaching this stuff anymore, we as audiophiles should be teaching and passing this hobby on to the young ones, I know Paul McGowan of P.S.Audio is really sad right now, as they were very close friends.we too will miss them Mr.McGowan.
I still have a pair of Acoustat Monitor 3’s that are still in very good shape for their age. They still have that "magic" to them.
I am deeply saddened to learn of Mr Jim Strickland's passing. My ACOUSTAT 2+2 w/- Medallion & c upgrades are and remain remarkable loudspeakers and stand testament to Mr Stricklands design genius; never to be forgotten. R.I.P
To all who own Acoustats, Roger Modjeski of Music Reference is a fan of the speaker, and offers some great services and products for optimizing them.