JADIS ORCHESTRA

Hello,
I got my amp today. It was an orchestra not a JOR! Is there much difference between the two? Secondly upon arrival I noticed that a blue cap (if that is what it is, has letters BC and numbers like 470 uf m on it) had become dislodged in transit. What do I need to do to get this back into place? Do I need to take it to a tech? Any advice would be great as this is my first tube amp and I don't know anything about electronics. A new journey and lots to learn.
aussiedrummer
I bought a few very rare records from Australians; I also hope to visit that continent one day. To go walkabout.
Aussiedrummer, "I think I will try the KT88 valves as Bob seems to think the amp will be fine with them. He does not see any reason why we can not use them."

Trelja, "I have my own opinion on the matter, but suggest you contact Jadis if you are that interested in using KT88."

Since it seems you are headed in that direction, I'll come out and say that my feeling is the same as Bob's. Still, my opinion is that while the bigger tubes will provide more slam, and that may be exactly what appeals to you (and should be really the only consideration), the right EL34 tubes will let the amp shine in a way the larger tubes cannot.

Finally, working off the presumption that your Orchestra is new, apart from moving to the Shuguang 12AX7B immediately, as there should be no delay in that, you may want to give yourself some time with the Jadis before you change anything else. For one, this is your first tube amp, and from what I see, it sometimes takes people a bit of time to acclimate themselves to the different type of sound. But, more importantly, when I got my first JOR, though I was warned to turn it on and just let it go for a full weekend of playing, and even at that, I'd be cursing the gentleman who represented the line, it literally sounded horrible. I was filled with a tremendous amount of buyer's regret. Slowly, but surely, the amp opened up and revealed itself, but it took a long time. I've never owned a component that took longer to break-in, I was still hearing recognizable improvement even after six weeks of daily playing. Along the way, what was once an incredibly constricted, thin, bright, and harsh sound extended at both the frequency extremes, and noticeably relaxed. After about three months, I noticed no more improvement, and then made what was a very large improvement, an all silver power cord. In my experience, most power cords to not make the type of difference so many ascribe to them, but this particular one on the JOR yielded an undeniable improvement. And, when I sold the unit to Denis, in moving from the Ei KT90 to JJ E34L (I also tried JJ KT88 at that time), the improvement was extraordinary.

Continued best of luck with the new baby!
I heard a friends Jor with original tubes andsounds great with proac response 1.5.Bass was still a ted lacking in my humble opinion. I was told that he got a lot more bass and balanced sound across all ranges when he auditioned the amp with a pair of Focal speakers as these speakers did not need to be driven with as much power as my proac super towers or his 1.5's.
I really do not want to spend 3K on speakers after buying the amp whilst having all my other gear on hand. I think that will be asking for it and the divorce papers will be called for.
I shall take your advice and try new tubes. Trelja, do you think the super towers will be a good match with my amp and the 12AX7B? I would really like to try the KT88 but am not a huge fan of doof doof. A warm round even sound is what appeals top me.Could you tell me what sort of silver power chord,i should go for? I will need one that fits into our socket.
Still love the amp.
Let the tweaking Begin!!
cheers