Is your system amazing and you just dont see it?

Human nature is highly critical, never satisfied, wants continual change and variety.  So after working so hard and spending a fair sum, the system in place is actually quite good.  So why not enjoy the smell of the roses, which are perfectly satisfying, nature knows what we like.

sure i will likely do more but the quality of whats here is at a very high level. Took alot of work and so i can be satisfied, not easy.  
Its ok not to want things to be better all the time.  Go against the grain of human nature.  

jumia
We want to 'upgrade' or improve nearly everything else in our lives---iPhones, cars, appliances, etc. So why not our audio systems? It's fun to try something new. If you're happy with your system, good for you. If you want to shop around, go for it. It's not a marriage. 
+1 to Jumia and Chuck....it should be about making the owner happy....besides, there is no "absolute sound"

As akgwhiz mentions, I don't have anything to reference my system to so I can't tell how amazing it is. I do feel, however, that I may not be an audiophile since I have never been "gob-smacked" or amazed by the sound of a piece of equipment that other audiophiles seem to find amazing. The components of my system may be rated favorably but I am always left feeling that I'm missing something. On the other hand, maybe I'm actually ultra-discerning and will always hear deficiencies in the sound, no matter what the system is. Whatever the reason, I have come to accept that what I have is good enough.   
It is a good sign having many components in my set up for some time now. Yes i am happy from what i have, i visit it daily, I know my limits, but i can hear other limits in different places.
There is always room for a minor or a major upgrade but only when the time is right.
Evolution like human nature.

G
Yes, it has taken me 35+ years to get where I am at. I am seriously happy, if I were to buy what I have at all new prices, I would not be able to have what I have.    Bought a lot of what I have used, and could not be happier. 
 For me, my stereo is very nice, and bests everyone in my family, even my old cousins who started me out on this darn hobby!

My 2 cousins appreciate coming and listening to music with me. They appreciate a good sound, nice bass, smooth mids &;treble. 
    **some friends, have no clue about audio, or prices, etc, or don’t care or even know about speakers, amps, etc etc and could care less about a new CD player, or amp, anything. I don’t boast to them,as they don’t care anyway. 
       My cousins love to hear my system with good music and some cold hop soup & good company! As long as I love what I have, I don’t care what anyone else thinks!

If you love what you have, .....a average receiver with average speakers, or some 100K - 500K$ uber MBL setup, listen and enjoy it.    Some have a 150K system, n think it’s mediocre. Drop the needles and enjoy music w friends!

HAPPY LISTENING!