Is There Some Problem With Shunyata's Everest Power Conditioner

I have been looking for a Shunyata power conditioner, and was thinking of going all the way and picking up an Everest, which is not only stupidly expensive but is the predictable darling of all reviewers, who gush about how wonderful this product is.  However, there are currently SIX Everests for sale on US Audiomart.  For a transformative and expensive product with seemingly universal acclaim, the fact that there six Everests for sale at the same time makes me wonder if maybe it is not so amazing and transformative and people are having buyer's remorse after picking one up.  Comments or insight?

moto_man

I too have a Denali and love what it has done for my system.  The only reason I do not have an Everest is the cost,

I also have a Denali, vastly better than the PS Audio P10 I had before. Even with a cheap power cord it was better, improvement with better cords. I would like to move up to the Everest, but can't imagine the difference, but I have heard it is a progression over the Denali. I'll test one day. 

Hi,  So I did some comparing of the Everest and the Denali V2 on Shunyata's website.  I had pretty much thought they were very similar except the Everest has 8 outlets vs 6 for the Denali V2, and of course the style difference as to where you place them.  I like getting easily to the back of the Denali vs down there with the Everest. (seems like an oxymoron?).

Anyway, almost ever feature is identical back and forth except a grounding feature:

The Everest has

GP-NR Noise Reduction

Significant amounts of noise exist on the ground plane of power lines. The ground wires can act as antennae, picking up electrical noise that can degrade the performance or operation of the electronic components. Ground Plane Noise Reduction (GP-NR™) is a proprietary technology developed by Shunyata Research to significantly reduce ground-plane noise; improving low-level resolution and clarity. The system includes one to four terminals, depending on the model, to connect as many as 12 audio components. We offer several models of CGC chassis grounding cables each made to your custom length and termination requirements.

The Denali V2 has:

CGS - Chassis Grounding System

Significant amounts of noise exist on the ground plane of power lines. The ground wires can act as antennae, picking up electrical noise that can degrade the performance or operation of the electronic components. The CGS — Chassis Ground System is a proprietary feature developed by Shunyata Research to significantly reduce ground-plane noise; improving low-level resolution and clarity.

Click here to read the CGS Application Guide (PDF)

Many Shunyata Research power conditioners have one to four terminals that allow all system component chassis to be interconnected to a common earth ground. We offer several models of CGC chassis grounding cables each made to your custom length and termination requirements.

I really think style and number of outlets should be a major deciding factor.

I bought my old Hydra 4's (with the Trident Defense) used on Ebay about 5 years ago. Current prices are the same as when I bought mine - about $900.00. They can come in very handy especially when the local grid is sagging. They are also a handy place to park all your equipment in lightning storms when you don't want to turn your equipment off.

I have been a happy Everest user for about 4 years. I was offered an in-home demo of two 30 amp Typhon 2s. I did the kind of evaluation I didn't do with the Everest. I first added one with both cords plugged oof my Gryphon Antileon EVO plugged into onee Typphon 2.  The sound was better, but only slightly. When I added the second Typhon 2 using the two 30 amp umbilicals, one for each side of the Gryphon, the amp opened up with more headroom and air. This change was significantly better than the two cords being plugged into the Everest or plugged into the two dedicated 20 amp AC wall sockets. As my system is quite limited in terms of AC plugs, I use the two umbilical cords for the amp and the four ac sockets on the back of the Typhons for my streamer,DAC and switch. The power to my amp has made a significant inprovement in the dynamics and tone with sibilence virtually gone. The power chain I have now is each Typhon 2 has it's own dedicated 10G wire 20amp breaker, the Typhon 2s plug into a double duplex box and each is loaded with the umbilical cord for the Typhon 2 and two Purons and a Snubway, a Swiss Digital fuse is connected to the outgoing 30 amp umbilical, the outbound end of the SDF is connected to an Audioquest Variable Power Dragon which is plugged into the amp. The amp has Graphene suggos that are made safe to use with the properly programed SDF. This is a very large investment in power, but it produces a stress free sound that I love. 

This is why I sold my Everest.