Is There Just One Single Album That Does It For You, Completely? Just One.

If you somehow got stuck in a situation (lol) and had to spend the rest of your life completely by yourself, all alone, on a desert island ... and, as part of your situation you only got to choose one album to spend the entire rest of your life with.

Let’s say, some weird circumstance, and you also had at your complete disposal the system of your dreams, that you had assembled thru the years. And thank goodness you were a prepper and you thought ahead to install a solar power system, so power would never be a problem either.

Kind of like Tom Hanks on that island, except instead of a just a soccer ball, you had your dream stereo setup and one album only.

One album and that’s it. Got to pick one. Not necesssarily your all time favorite album, just one you could live with for the rest of your life.

Is there any album that just completely does it for ya, on that level?

I’ll kick things off by sharing mine: Steely Dan, Aja

128x128tunefuldude

Bach Goldberg by Feltsman incredible spontaneous almost improvised playings after the end of the Soviet empire in his first invitation to Moscow ... A top level Bach lesson in pure joy ...Gould is mannerism compared to it ...

For Strings trio , the Sitkovetsky transcription is a treasure ...

Scriabin by Sofronitsky or Zhukov ...The low cost version of integral by Michael Ponti is the only non Russian version i admired but the sound is horrible ...Try it at low cost if sound matter less than music ... I love him ...This version is unique but does not compared to Sofronitsky, nothing compared anyway ... It takes more than great pianist to play Scriabin, i tried them all 😁 ...

Most great names are unable to play it because the time dimension in Scriabin is indecipherable linearly ... Scriabin dont play in the linear time dimension ...This is why Scriabin is one of the greatest musician adding something that dont exist in Bach ...Schonberg is under Scriabin genius for me not above , but Schonberg too with is mathematical recipe quit linear time ...Scriabin never used a recipe or a formula to create an artificial new world, he created without quitting the human heart with an artefact as Schonberg did ...

Scriabin is like Gesualdo or Purcell , an island of its own ....

@mahgister +1 But which recordings of Bach Goldberg Variations and Scriabin piano sonatas?

I think all the guys are thinking about this the wrong way. While hearing the same music over and over again would quickly get old, good cover art would have other uses and could sustain you a while longer. How about Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again.

I think all the guys are thinking about this the wrong way. While hearing the same music over and over again would quickly get old, good cover art would have other uses and could sustain you a while longer. How about Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again.

Exactly right ...

Most people confuse their musical taste about a bunch of tunes with music with inexaustible depth ...

They dont realize that listening FOREVER the Tunes of any pop singers or his music is the definition of the inferno or assured madness ...

Try listening the Bolero of Ravel for one hour .... Try it ... This repeated short melody cannot be borrowed as the only listening on an island which even Ravel hated in this way ...

Almost no musical works will do ...Save those with depth and impossible to get on all aspects  for a very, very long time ...

Save some Bach or Beethoven Quartet or some others genius pieces ... As the 100 transcendental studies of Sorabji ...

My definition of hell is rap music for eternity ...But think about that : it is the paradise for some ...

I concluded that hell and paradise dont exist so much as separated but are together mixed on earth ...